Appliance Simplification Options
Storage Made Easy Cloud Control Gateway Appliance provides unique advantages for Corporate customers, Internet Service Providers (ISP's) and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) that want to provide their own Enterprise File Share and Synchronization (EFSS) offering to their customers or staff.
As SME provides access to over 40 different backend storage solutions, it gives the flexibility they need to leverage their backend storage to provide a Cloud EFSS solution to their customers. Because SME provides branding opportunities, the MSP can deliver their own branded solution to their customer base or staff. Finally, because SME supports Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile, the MSP can give full BYOD support to their customers with secure anywhere, anytime, any device access to their data.
One of the major challenges with providing a feature rich multi-tenant solution is how to deliver simplicity while providing the right set of features your customer may need. The danger is always making a solution that is too simple and does not meet then needs of your customer. SME is implementing an approach that gives the control to the direct deployer of the service. They can build different “packages” ranging in simplicity and functionality to meet the broad requirements of all the different types of organizations serviced by the end user ISP / MSP or company.
SME has introduced packaging technologies for the EFSS Cloud Control Gateway Appliance, as well as our Windows, Mac, and Mobile clients. The concept behind the packagers is to allow Administrators to choose from the broad range of features that SME provides and put them into packages that are appropriate for different types of customers.
This document will cover the simplicity options available.
Multi Tenant Appliance Packager
Storage Made Easy supports the creation of packages that can be used for companies to subscribe to. This option is only available in ISP or hosting mode in the Appliance. Corporate users will have had this pre-configured for them by SME.
Please see the screenshot for the very detailed granular options that can be configured, including default UI and editing options in the event the deployer wants to make the proposition deployed simpler.
Each Appliance can have many packages in ISP/MSP hosting mode that are all configurable in this way.
Branding / look and feel
- The Appliance can be fully configured in terms of color scheme and logo from the 'look and feel' options when logged in as the Appliance Admin. This enables brand association / brand identity.
- This is applicable to both corporate and MSP/ISP use.
Configuring Site functionality
- The site functionality can be configured when logged in as the Appliance Admin. The available options are:
- - Enable Business Group Sharing options
- - Enable real-time refresh
- - Force the use of https always
SME provides a deep set of features and applications on the Windows platform. Currently, the Windows Packager provides SME solution deployers the ability to create custom Windows packages for their customers / staff.
The packager can create both customer specific packages complete with branding or a single general package retaining the corporate or ISP/MSP brand and customizing what elements are deployed
Similar to the Windows Packager the Mac packager can create both customer specific packages complete with branding or a single general package retaining the corporate or ISP/MSP brand and customizing what elements are deployed.
Per company / team deployment options
- The user interface can be vastly simplified on a per company level.. This can be controlled by each company Administrator that the solution is deployed to and is available after login by the Cloud Admin from the "Options" settings
- This settings allow the company cloud admin to vastly simplify the user experience.
- For full simplification then simply switch on the "Simplify User View" option which turns all simplification settings on.
- The Storage Made Easy on-site Appliance can be fully customized by the deployer, at web level, and desktop level depending on the options and features required.
- Also if additional customisation are requested Storage Made Easy can also in many cases accommodate this by providing custom template files.
Back to Wiki Index